At a glance, are they bike friendly?
Darrell Castillo - Unknown
Sheri Capehart - Yes
- How often do you ride bikes?
- What will you do to promote bicycling and increase the number of people who use bicycles for transportation and commuting?
- How do you see the hike-and-bike plan as fitting into the city’s transportation network?
- What do you think is the best way to allocate the public works money to car, bicycle and pedestrian projects? Specifically, should the proportion of funds to bike infrastructure be less than/equal to/or greater than the present?
- Would you support a 3-foot to pass law in Arlington? (A law requiring vehicles to give cyclists three feet of clearance when passing them on the road.)
- Not every city building and not even every city park has bike racks. What would you do to increase the number of bike parking in the city?
- Plano, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Austin have each hired a staff Bicycle Coordinator and a Bicycle Advisory Committee. Would you support hiring of a Bicycle Coordinator or creating such a committee in Arlington?
- Mr. Castillo did not respond to the survey, but he is also supported by Buddy Saunders, the opposition leader to the Hike & Bike Plan
- Sorry to say, never on road, I do have and ride a stationary bike.
- Bike riding is healthy on so many levels, albeit, summers in Texas make it somewhat oppressive for many folks. Continuing to provide information/education on the benefits of cycling I believe is the key to building more community support and involvement.
- It is a needed component for addressing transportation needs.
- I do not have a complete understanding of this question. Generally, I think of roadway improvements as being an inclusive and practical process addressing multiple means of transit.
- I am not familiar with this law and would need a better understanding of how it would be implemented.
- Support installation of bike racks in current and future city facilities.
- I would be willing to have this discussion, but at present I do not believe it is warranted.